Visit the legendary Icelandic landmarks featured in the hit TV series Game of Thrones on this thoroughly entertaining tour of some truly awe-inspiring film locations.
During excursions to various settings, such as the famed “Ice Wall” and those breathtaking places where the "North of the Wall" scenes were filmed, travelers will be captivated with tales of the "Seven Kingdoms" by local guide Jon Thor Benediktsson, who was a guide for the Game of Thrones crew during the filming of the third season. That trip was the second time the Game of Thrones crew had filmed in Iceland, they knew what to expect. The crew also returned to Iceland in the summers of 2013 and 2014 to film scenes for upcoming seasons, in the areas of Thingvellir and Hvalfjordur.
This is your chance to visit the "Land beyond the Wall" and see it brought to life with tales of the "Seven Kingdoms" by local guide Jon Thor Benediktsson.
• Travel to North Iceland to experience the astonishing film locations showcased in Season Three.
• Visit the areas where Night's Watch men, including Samwell Tarly and Lord Commander Mormont, are attacked by the White Walkers.
• Walk the land that Jon Snow, Ygritte, and the Free Folk cross to reach the Wall.
• Visit the cave where Jon Snow and Ygritte have their first intimate romantic encounter.
• Learn about how the Free Folk, like the ancient Vikings, lived and survived in their harsh environment.
• Go on a best-seller day tour and visit Thingvellir, filming location for Game of Thrones season four, as well as Gullfoss waterfall and the famous Geysir hot spring on an afternoon tour (Or add an extra day and take a full-day tour visiting Game of Thrones sites in South Iceland).
• Take a northern lights hunt from Reykjavik, either by bus or on a jeep
• Try a “northern” northern lights hunt from Akureyri (available September 15 – April 15)
• Add a day in Reykjavik and your own “Wall” experience by climbing an Icelandic glacier. All gear included.
Daily departures, closed out dates 21 -24 & 29 Dec 2016 and 11-13, 16 Apr 2017. No domestic flights on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
• 2 nights at a hotel in Reykjavik with private facilities, including breakfast (except arrival day)
• 2 nights at a hotel in Akureyri with private facilities, including breakfast
• Round-trip flight Reykjavík-Akureyri (excluding airport tax)
• Guided tour of Game of Thrones locations in North Iceland
• Entry fee to Myvatn Nature Baths