Visit the legendary Icelandic landmarks featured in the hit TV show “Game of Thrones” on this thoroughly entertaining tour of some truly awe-inspiring film locations. During excursions to various settings, such as the famed “Ice Wall” and those breathtaking places where the "North of the Wall" scenes were filmed, travellers will be captivated with tales of the "Seven Kingdoms" by local guide Jon Thor Benediktsson - guide for the Game of Thrones crew during the filming of the third series.
This was the second time the Game of Thrones crew filmed in Iceland so they knew what to expect. The crew returned to Iceland in the summer of 2013 and 2014 to film scenes for upcoming seasons, in the areas of Thingvellir and Hvalfjordur.
This is your chance to visit the "Land beyond the Wall" and see it brought to life with tales of the "Seven Kingdoms" by local guide Jon Thor Benediktsson.
- Travel to North Iceland to experience the astonishing film locations showcased in series three.
- Visit the areas where Night's Watch men, including Samwell Tarly and Lord Commander Mormont, are attacked by the White Walkers.
- Walk the land that Jon Snow, Ygritte, and the Free Folk cross to reach the Wall.
- Visit the cave where Jon Snow and Ygritte have their first intimate romantic encounter.
- Learn about how the Free Folk, like the ancient Vikings, lived and survived in their harsh environment.
- Go on a best-seller day tour and visit Thingvellir, filming location for Game of Thrones season four, Gullfoss waterfall and the famous Geysir hot spring.
- Take a Northern Lights hunt from Reykjavik, either by bus or on a jeep, - only during winter.
- Add a day in Reykjavik and climb an Icelandic glacier, all gear included.
- Northern Lights Hunt from Akureyri - only during winter.
- 2 nights in Reykjavik and 2 nights in Akureyri (all including breakfast):
- Return flight Reykjavík-Akureyri (excl. airport tax),
- Guided tour Game of Thrones
We have returned to the USA after a great trip to Iceland. Everything on the itinerary worked as promised, the hotels were very good, the Game of Thrones Tour was a lot of fun and very interesting. This is all thanks to your hard work in putting this trip together for us. We will recommend you and Iceland Travel to anyone interested in visiting Iceland. We intend to return as soon as possible to see other parts of your beautiful country. Thanks again.