Whales and marine life in Iceland!
Whales are beautiful animals and one of nature’s most extraordinary sights. Our experienced guides on board will share with you their wealth of knowledge on the whales, as well as passing on some interesting facts and old sea stories about encounters with these magnificent creatures. The whales round these parts are not shy, often surfacing quite close to the boat, and, as our sea-fairing guides will tell you, to see a whale up close truly is a sight to remember. There is over 90% viewing success (if you are in the unlucky few percent, you get another tour for free). This tour departs from the Old Harbour in Reykjavik.
Depending on season, departures at 09:00, 13:00, 17:00 with duration 3-3.5 hours - English and German speaking guide
Depending on season, departures at 10:00, 14:00, 20:00 with duration 2-2.5 hours - English speaking guide
Lunch or dinner add-on at Kopar Restaurant!
When booking the whale watching you will get the option of adding either lunch or dinner to your booking. Kopar Restaurant will serve delicious fish feasts for you, whenever you prefer to reserve the table - just let us know!
Rock crab soup
Rich and creamy crab and shellfish soup with lots of delicious shellfish.
Catch of the day
Fresh fish & fresh ideas. The chefs prepare a new and exciting dish every day with the catch of the day.
Cod Tongues in Orly
Served with sherry & garlic flavoured cream cheese and a whole lot of lemon.
As fresh as it gets. Oven-baked Catfish with pistachios, green kale and cauliflower. Served with a lobster infused champagne sauce.
Soft cheesecake with raspberry sauce, skyr sorbet and white chocolate.
- Wale watching during winter can take up to 5 hours.
- Departure is from Reykjavik´s Old Harbour and the departure time is indicated on your voucher/confirmation. Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to departure for check in and boarding (recommended time is 30 minutes to be safe).
• Guide on every tour, skilled and friendly crew
• Café lounge with Wi-Fi, hot drinks and refreshments on board
• Warm overalls provided on board for free
• Guaranteed whale sighting or another tour for free