Drive an ATV through a black volcanic beach in Iceland! On this 1-hour tour you will enjoy riding on the black sand, with a view over the blue Atlantic ocean and the volcanoes and mountains of the south shore.
This tour is operated on the volcanic black sand beach in the small town of Thorlakshofn, an excellent location between Reykjavik and the Golden Circle. On this tour you will drive through the black sand as well as drive through fun obstacles on a side route in the nature next to the beach. Your experienced local guide will take you on the perfect ride that fits your ability and stamina. Throughout your tour, enjoy the beautiful view over the Atlantic ocean and the surroundings in Thorlakshofn. On clear days, you will even have a view that stretches as far as Eyjafjallajokull volcano!
Perfectly located for those traveling around the Golden Circle or as a short trip from Reykjavik.
- Black sandy beach ride
- Enjoy watching the waves
- Play on the beach
- Drive inland on a side route in the nature
- 1-hour guided ATV tour
- Local Guide
- Insulated warm cover-alls
- All required safety equipment
- Valid driver license is necessary to operate an ATV
- Age limit: 6 years for passengers
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Meeting location: Hafnarskeid 17, Thorlakshofn
- We recommend wearing gloves
- Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled tour to gear up for the tour