A one-of-a-kind underground cave adventure! Explore the depths of a lava tube then go snorkeling in between the North American and Eurasion tectonic plates. Walk and then float over lava and swim between large volcanic canyons.
Spend the whole day beneath the surface with our expert guides! Prepare for an adventure deep into the beating heart of Iceland.
You’ll start by exploring a colorful lava tube cave close to Reykjavík. Head to Raufarholshellir, one of the longest lava tube caves in Iceland. This adventure gives you great insight into the volcanic activities that have formed the country.
After you finish caving, you will have a chance to grab some lunch between the two activities.
Afterwards, your group will drive to Thingvellir National Park for an afternoon of snorkeling between the Eurasian and American tectonic plates. Next, we’ll meet you at Thingvellir National Park, where Silfra fissure is found. Here you will get ready to explore the blue. Witness some of the clearest water on Earth as your guide leads you on an underwater journey.
Snorkeling at Silfra Fissure has been rated one of the top 5 activities in the world by Trip Advisor!
- Pick-up & drop off from Reykjavík
- Certified PADI Dive guide/Divemaster
- An expert caving guide
- All snorkeling and caving equipment
- All necessary safety equipment
- Silfra admission fee
- Hot chocolate and cookies
- Free snorkeling photos taken by your guide
- Meals, refreshments, beverages other than those listed as included
- Warm and waterproof outdoor clothing
- Warm long underwear
- Warm socks
- A change of clothing
- Good hiking shoes
- Minimum age: 12 years
- You must be able to understand and speak English
- Weight limit: 45-120 kg (99-265 pounds)
- Height limit: 150-200cm (5-6.5 feet)
- You must be able to swim without a life jacket and be comfortable in the water
- You cannot participate if you are pregnant at the time of the trip
- Restrictions apply for certain medical conditions. Please read the snorkeling guide for more details.