Dive into this 2-hour exploration of Iceland’s black sand landscape in the south. You’ll also visit the DC3 Airplane wreck.
This tour kicks off after you meet your ATV guide at the ATV base near Myrdalsjokull glacier. You will receive all the necessary gear and a short safety briefing before venturing out on ATVs to drive on Iceland’s iconic black beaches. Your guide will lead your group to the stunning coastline to witness breathtaking views of the surrounding area. You’ll marvel at the views of Dyrholaey, a peninsula that is the southernmost tip of the country, and the marvelous Myrdalsjokull glacier in the distance.
After leaving the beach, your group will head to the famous Solheimasandur plane wreck. This relic has been resting in the sand since 1973. After this, you will drive to the Jokulsa river and up the foot of the mountain. This action-packed tour ends when you arrive back to the base.
- Experienced and qualified guide
- ATV (two people per vehicle)
- Insulated cover-all
- Helmet and balaclava face mask
- Boots (available if needed)
- Meals, refreshments, beverages
- Transfers to/from meeting point
- All ATV drivers must be at least 17 years of age and have a valid automobile driver’s license from the US, Canada or the European Economic Area. A license from other countries can be used if it: a) has a valid license number, b) the license holder’s photograph, c) is printed in Latin alphabet characters and d) is valid at the time of travel. Otherwise an international driver’s license is required.
- Single riders and groups with odd numbers are required to book a single ride ATV.