Celebrate your New Year’s Eve in Reykjavik with the age-old Nordic tradition of the bonfire with one of our best tour guides. Warm-up and lift your spirits in the light and heat of the blaze before we find the perfect spot to see the citywide fireworks show and ring in the New Year.
The Bonfire & Fireworks tour is the best way how to celebrate New Year in Iceland!
On the Bonfire & Fireworks tour, we’ll experience two Icelandic New Year’s Eve traditions. Celebrating New Year will begin with a Nordic bonfire, a tradition dating back to the Viking Age. The family-friendly atmosphere and the fire will warm us up as we sing along together, bid farewell to the old year and prepare to welcome in the new.
As midnight draws near, we’ll find a good spot to enjoy the second tradition: an Icelandic fireworks display like no other. In Iceland, everyone sets off fireworks at midnight all over the city. We’re not talking sparklers, we’re talking real, dazzling fireworks. From a carefully selected vantage point, we’ll get a view of the colorful explosions erupting all over the city, with a glass of sparkling delight in hand.
- Partake in this age-old Nordic tradition.
- Warm your body and soul around a tremendous bonfire.
- Sing, dance and celebrate with the locals.
- Watch a spectacular fireworks show.
- Enjoy a glass of cheer as we count down the last moments of the year.
- Pick-Up/Drop-off from accommodation or City Tour Bus Stop
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Traditional Icelandic bonfire in Reykjavík area
- Coffee/hot chocolate
- Glass of sparkling wine
- Dazzling, citywide fireworks show
- Meals and refreshments
Bring/Wear: It gets cold on New Year’s Eve, so remember to dress in warm clothing and wear good outdoor walking shoes.