See how the locals celebrate, unite and enjoy New Year’s Eve!
New Year’s Eve in Reykjavík is celebrated with fireworks and bonfires, The locals gather around the several bonfires dispersed all over the city, celebrating and singing. Enjoy this great tour which allows you to experience the celebration with the Icelanders. It’s a spectacular sight not to be missed when in Iceland!
We will stop at one of the biggest bonfires in the capital area. The bonfire starts at 20:30 (8:30pm), followed by a preview fireworks display around 21:10 (9:10pm).
After the bonfire we will take a short drive around the city and learn about the Icelandic traditions on New Year’s Eve.
Your tour ends around 22.30 (10:30pm), but make sure you stay awake until around midnight, as that’s when we Icelanders go out to the streets with our fireworks. You might experience a great display of lights and sparkles high up in the city sky!
- New Year’s Eve bonfires and fireworks
- Traditional Icelandic holiday experience
- Bus fare
- Professional local guidance
- Visit to bonfire and fireworks display
- Short Reykjavik city tour
- Meals, refreshments, beverages
- Tour pick-up/drop-off
Bring/Wear: It can get really cold on New Year’s Eve so please dress warmly.
- Tour Departs From: BSI Bus Terminal, Vatnsmyrarvegur 10, 101 Reykjavík.
- The tour operator reserves the right to alter routes without prior notice, due to road condition.