EXPLORE REYKJAVIK´S QUAINT OLD CITY CENTRE WITH A LOCAL GUIDE
The tour starts at What´s On tourist information located on Laugavegur 5 in central Reykjavik. We will begin our trip at the beautiful Sun voyager sculpture, overlooking the bay with Mt Esja in the background. Next stop is Hallgrimskirkja Church at the top of the downtown hill, we first go up the bell tower for an incredible view over the city with its multi-colored rooftops, Faxafloi bay with its islands and the surrounding mountains and volcanoes.
Afterwards we visit the beautiful sculpture park of Einar Jonsson and learn all about Norse mythology before strolling through the quaint streets of Thingholt neighborhood towards the City Pond. We feed the ducks, geese and swans found on the northern end of the pond. Great fun for kids and grown ups alike.
Continuing across the pond and into the City Hall we view the super-sized topographical map of Iceland and your guide will explain a little bit about Iceland’s fascinating geology and volcanic history. Our tour then threads the heart of the city, taking in the parliament, our modest but beautiful cathedral and the site of the first Viking homesteads in the city, before visiting the Old Harbor.
Strolling along the north shore from the harbor we visit the impressive Harpa Concert Hall before our final stop at the Volcano House where our guests will enjoy a short presentation and discounts from the store and exhibition.
- Visit to the Hallgrímskirkja church
- Cultural enlightment in the Einar Jonsson museum
- A stroll through the old Thingholt district
- Duck feeding at the Pond
- The Parliament house
- The old Reykjavík Harbour and it’s charm
- Expertly guided Reykjavík walking tour
- Guidance by a local knowledgeable English speaking guide
- Entrance fees where needed
- Small group experience
- Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm and waterproof clothes, weather changes are swift so prepare expect the unexpected. Dress from the feet up, warm socks and waterproof shoes or boots along with a waterproof jacket will be perfect.