FlyOver Iceland utilizes state-of-the-art technology to give you the feeling of flight.
You will hang suspended, feet dangling, before a 20-metre (66-foot) spherical screen while our film whisks you away on an exhilarating journey across Iceland. Special effects, including wind, mist and scents, combine with the ride’s motion to create an unforgettable experience. Before the flight-ride experience, you’ll enjoy two shows that explore the roles of nature, time and humankind on this remarkable island. From volcanoes and glaciers to Vikings, trolls and more, it’s a powerful experience.
Before taking off, our Icelandic storyteller will welcome you into an ancient Viking longhouse. Join him by the light of the fire as he weaves a tale while a mesmerizing shadow-play projection brings it all to life.
THE WELL OF TIME
Here, in the Well of Time, you’ll journey on an immersive exploration through Iceland’s history. Using music, video, imagery and sound, the forces of nature and the human spirit come to life. Your guide is Súu Vitra, a character based on local troll legends that has been custom designed by beloved illustrator Brian Pilkington. Older than human imagination can fathom, she symbolizes the wisdom and enchantment of Iceland. Su Vitra leads you through three different acts. First, you’ll feel the power of the land as the strong and often violent forces of nature take shape. Next is the arrival of man and the introduction of “Þetta Reddast.” Finally, you’ll discover how Icelandic people have made a life on this island. Life continues, no matter what.
- Entrance to FlyOver Iceland, including the ride experience and two pre-flight shows
- Meals, refreshments, beverages
- Transfers to/from FlyOver Iceland
- Children must be at least 102cm/40″ tall in order to ride.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult or guardian (14 years or older)
- Please note that FlyOver Iceland is accessible for wheelchairs and strollers/prams as well as accessible for those with limited mobility.