The popular TV series Game of Thrones was partly filmed in Iceland. On the Game of Thrones Revisited day tour you will visit the film locations in South Iceland and follow in the footsteps of the Wildlings. Icelandic landscapes and natural features have become hallmarks of the show’s breathtaking backdrops, including waterfalls, rift valleys, medieval villages and most scenes North of the Wall.
Travel to Thingvellir National Park and walk down the impressive Almannagja gorge, the stomping ground of the “White Walkers” and the trail of the “Wildlings” from “North of the Wall.” You’ll be able to soak up the raw and dramatic atmosphere provided by the magnificent nature at Thingvellir and learn from the guide, the symbolic significance of the setting in context to the plot of Game of Thrones. Also explore Thjorsardalur Valley and the Settlement Era Viking Lodge. The tour was designed with great help from an Icelandic actor, Hafthor Juliusson, better known as The Mountain.
It’s a real kick for fans of the show to inhabit the world of Game of Thrones, but even those who’ve never seen the show will be able to enjoy the striking scenery on this outing. Indulge your imagination and your senses while soaking up the Icelandic natural beauty during the tour.
- A great adventure for GoT fans, newbies and nature lovers alike
- Much like the show, this tour is not appropriate for children
- Venture further inland than many other tours
- Pass through the Bloody Gate at Thingvellir National Park
- Follow the paths of Sansa and Arya Stark on their separate journeys
- Relive the Wildlings’ invasion south of the Wall
- GoT guru guides with behind-the-scenes stories
- Guided coach tour
- Expert narration throughout the tour
- Pick-up and drop-off at accommodation in Reykjavik