Have you ever wondered how it feels to be near a volcano, gazing down on the pouring hot lava? Well now is your chance!
Norðurflug Helicopter Tours is offering a sightseeing flight to the eruption sites in Geldingadalur. We use two helicopters: a 5-seater and a 6-seater. We choose the aircraft based on each day’s booking status.
- If weather and conditions are good, we will be flying but please note that the helicopter ride is weather dependant.
- Due to the amount of requests, it may take some time for Norðurflug to set up the tour, and they kindly request some patience.
- The airspace is controlled by Keflavík Flight tower, which only permits 6 air crafts at any given time in the airspace
- The National Civil Defense authority may need to implement some last minute safety restrictions such as closing the eruption sites due to gas. This may effect flights and planning.
- Pick up is not included. Transfer on your own to Reykjavík Domestic Airport (Reykjavíkurflugvöllur) – The Norðurflug terminal is located just behind the Ieclandair Reykjavik Natura Hotel, Address is Building 313.
Please meet no later than 30 minutes prior to departure
A guided helicopter sightseeing flight to the eruption sites in Geldingadalur, including a 15-minute landing at the volcano site
- Transfers to Reykjavík Domestic Airport
- Food and drinks