Experience the Icelandic horse surrounded by amazing nature right outside Reykjavik’s city center.
This horseback riding tour is a perfect way to experience the versatility of Icelandic nature in only 2 hours. This tour is ideal both for beginners and more experienced riders; we have horses for all experience levels.
Our friendly horses and specially trained guides will take you on a ride on excellent riding paths where you can experience the unique Icelandic horse breed while enjoying beautiful scenery full of lava fields and beautiful nature.
When possible we organize the groups according to riding ability to ensure everyone gets the experience and adventure they want. The slow group will mostly do the walk and the faster group will ride at a faster pace. We recommend that children under the age of 12 stay in the slower group with their guardians unless they are used to riding horses.
When we arrive back at the stables you can enjoy complimentary coffee, tea, and hot chocolate and feel free to ask our staff any questions about the Icelandic horse
We take pride in our personal service and limit group sizes to 20 or less to ensure a safe and enjoyable tour. Our stables are located a short 20-minute drive from Reykjavik’s city center.
- Riding tour
- Riding helmets, rubber boots, and rainwear/warm outfit during the ride
- Trained guides who speak multiple languages (English, Scandinavian and German)
- Coffee/tea/hot chocolate after riding tour
- Meals, refreshments, beverages other than those listed in itinerary
- Tour Pick-up/Drop-off (transfers can be added at booking time.)
- Dress comfortably according to weather. Avoid tight fitting trousers.
- Wear sturdy shoes with a bit of heel (such as hiking boots). You can also use the boots at the riding center.
- If you bring your own horseback riding gear (riding trousers, riding jackets, etc.), it needs to be washed (40°C/104°F) or dry cleaned. Items which cannot be washed or dry cleaned (riding boots, riding helmets) need to be cleaned and disinfected at least five days prior to arriving in Iceland. More information here.
- Riding tour is 1,5 – 2 hours including stops. With transfers, the tour is about 4 hours.
- Minimum age is 8 years; children 14 years or younger need written parental permission to ride alone.
- Please note you cannot ride with backpacks or bags, but we provide complimentary safety boxes at the stables for valuables.
- The maximum weight for riders is 110kg/242 pounds.
- This tour not recommended for pregnant women or people with back problems.