The Icelandic ice caves are one of the most sought after winter experiences. On this day tour, our trusted guide will take you to explore the popular south coast, with its black sand beaches and the majestic Seljalandsfoss waterfall, Skogafoss waterfall and finally visit the ice caves of Myrdalsjokull Glacier. This is truly one of the most incredible day tours around. The tour departs from Reykjavik and Vik.
You will be picked up at either Reykjavík City Hall or Hlemmur bus stop 1o. After short stops at the lovely Hvolsvollur and Vik, where you’ll meet the rest of the group, you’ll head straight up to the glacier where you’ll be fitted with the necessary equipment for your glacier exploration. Your expert guide will decide which ice cave to visit that day as weather and conditions on the glacier will affect accessibility.Some ice caves are instantly magical, while others might not seem as special but become extraordinary in the right light and conditions. Both make for an unforgettable experience.
Once you’ve explored the caves you’ll head back to Vik for a longer stop where you can go down to the black sand beach with its extraordinary rock formations Reynisdrangar. After lunch the next stop is the famous Seljalandsfoss where you can walk behind the waterfall for a once in a lifetime view. Then head back to Reykjavik.
Minimum participants: 2 people
Minimum age: 12 years
Duration: 10 – 12 hours
- Ice Caves in Myrdalsjokull glacier
- Glacier walk
- Vik village
- Skogafoss waterfall
- Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- Offbeat and private locations
- Off-road driving in a Super Jeep
- Expert local guides
- Small Group experience
- Guided super jeep tour
- Expert Local Guide
- Ice caving is undertaken at the responsibility of the participants. Travel does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers. The ice caving tour may need to be cancelled because of weather and/or safety reasons. If the tour cannot be rescheduled it, the cost will be refunded. In case of sudden drastic weather changes or force majeure once tour has been started, the tour will not be refunded.
- For departure from Reykjavik, pick-up is at our meeting point in Reykjavik at Reykjavik City Hall, Tjarnagötu 11, 101 Reykjavik or Hlemmur bus stop 10. To see location on Google maps, click here. Please note that departures from Reykjavik are only bookable from 1.October to 20.April.
- Please note that this is a day tour and there is not room for large suitcases.
What to bring:
- Warm clothes
- Waterproof rain gear
- Sturdy boots