Explore the second largest glacier in Iceland from the inside! This journey takes you on a guided tour in a monster truck to the entrance of the Langjokull Ice Cave. The man-made tunnel in Langjökull glacier is the largest of its kind in the world. We’ll explore the tunnels for one hour, stopping at the built-in chapel. Venture deep into the heart of Iceland’s Ice Age not far from Reykjavik! During the trip from Reykjavik your tour bus will stop to view the scenic Hrunafossar and Barnafoss waterfalls and Deildartunguhver rushing hot springs.
To get to the man-made Ice tunnel and caves, located high up in a remote area of the glacier, we ride in a huge specially modified “monster“ truck. Before you know it, you‘ll find yourself standing on top of a vast icecap, ready to descend into the glacier and explore its icy netherworld. Your glacier guide will take you on an amazing journey, deep within the glacier where you can see the stunning blue-hued ice. You‘ll learn about how glaciers are formed and why they are important to Iceland and to the world.
With a stunning surrounding environment and informative guides, this tour offers a unique experience for the whole family to enjoy!
Important: The tour operator reserves the right to alter routes without prior notice, due to road conditions
- Langjokull, the second biggest glacier in Iceland.
- The Langjokull ice tunnel and caves, where you can view a glacier from the inside.
- Hraunfossar & Barnafoss waterfalls, where crystal clear water emerges from a volcanic rock lava field and falls down into Hvita river.
- 8-Wheel Monster Truck ride up Langjökull Glacier
- Entrance fee to the Ice Cave
- English speaking driver and audio guide
- Free Wi-Fi in Glacier Vehicles
- All necessary equipment (crampons, etc.)
- Meals, refreshments, beverages.
- Tour Pick-up/Drop-off
- The tour operator reserves the right to alter routes without prior notice, due to road conditions