Here’s an unforgettable opportunity to explore the magical and mysterious netherworld of Langjokull glacier, as well as see some beautiful Icelandic nature.
Your group departs early from Reykjavik and enjoys a crisp morning view of your destination: Langjokull Glacier, the second largest glacier in Iceland.
Step on board our bus fleet, equipped with computer tablets in each seat. On the tablets you can use our GPS Sensitive In Bus Audio Guide available in ten languages. The audio guide shares interesting facts about Iceland and the places you will visit today. On board, there is also an English- speaking host ready to answer your questions.
The man-made ice tunnel and caves are located high up in a remote area of Langjokull glacier in the very heart of Iceland. To reach the entrance you’ll board a huge specially modified truck and ascend the glacier. During the trip, your guide will discuss how global warming has started to impact Iceland’s glacial environment.
A local Ice Cave guide will then take you on an amazing journey deep within the glacier. Here, you can see the stunning blue-hued ice. The glacier is in constant motion, and you will see evidence of that as you learn how glaciers are formed.
After the ice cave tour, you’ll enjoy the welcome warmth of the glacier truck as you head back down. After a lunch stop in the beautiful Husafell area (lunch not included), your tour continues along Borgarfjordur valley. You’ll visit Hraunfossar, a beautiful lava waterfall almost a mile long gushing through a wall of lava and the nearby Barnafoss waterfalls before returning to Reykjavik.
- Langjokull, the second biggest glacier in Iceland.
- The Langjokull ice tunnel and caves, where you can view a glacier from the inside.
- Husafell, a historic farm and church estate. Today is a scenic nature and recreational area.
- Hraunfossar & Barnafoss waterfalls, where crystal clear water emerges from a volcanic rock lava field and falls down into Hvita river.
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- 1-hour guided Ice Cave Tour with necessary safety equipment
- If needed: waterproof one-piece suit and boots
- Free Wi-Fi and USB-charger for each seat
- Meals, refreshments, beverages.
- Tour Pick-up/Drop-off.
- Headphones for audio guide. Bring your own headphones. Otherwise, headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
- The tour operator reserves the right to alter routes without prior notice, due to road conditions
- You will be traveling in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people but is very spacious and comfortable. It has lavatory facilities. The bus offers free Wi-Fi and USB charging ports.
- Lunch is not included, but the tour stops at Husafell where you can buy food and drinks at the Husafell Bistro and use the restrooms.