Glide along the smooth surface of Solheimajokull’s Glacier Lagoon during this easy kayaking tour. Bask in the beautiful nature around you as your expert guide leads you around this famous outlet glacier.
Leave the crowds behind and immerse in the beauty of a majestic outlet glacier while on a kayak. Before setting off to glide along the smooth waters of Solheimajokull glacier lagoon, you will meet your professional kayaking guide near the edge of the glacier at our Solheimajokull Base Camp. There, you will be provided with a short safety briefing and be fitted with a dry suit and paddle.
The sit-on-top kayaks that we use are easy to steer and no previous kayaking experience is needed. As you push away from the shore, you will enter the world of an iceberg filled lagoon. The spellbinding glacial landscape and calm waters will make you feel like you have been transported into another world. Your guide will lead you around the glacier and in between icebergs to admire these natural wonders from a perspective that can only be seen while on the water.
After a period of gliding along the still surface of the lagoon, you’ll head back to shore with a lifetime of memories.
Duration: 2.5 hours (1-1.5 hours in the kayak)
- Experienced and qualified guide
- Kayak (single or double)
- Dry suit and special shoes
- Tea, coffee, water and access to restrooms at Solheimajokull Base Camp
- Meals, refreshments, beverages other than coffee/tea/water
- Transfers to/from meeting point
- We recommend long sleeved clothing in order to separate your skin from the dry suit. Avoid bulky clothing since it might restrain your ability to put on the dry suit.
- Extra socks might come in handy if your feet get wet.
- Waterproof bag (for your phone or camera).
- Note: You will receive a dry suit to wear over your clothing. The suit usually keeps people warm enough during the tour, along with the 10-minute walk to the lagoon and paddling during the tour.
- There is a maximum of boats that each guide can take out for each tour, sometimes guests might need to pair up.
- The guide will find out the best solution to divide the kayaks among guests, single or double use.