Only a two-hour flight from Reykjavik will take you to Greenland‘s beautiful east coast, home of the Ammassalik Inuit. See the icebergs around Kulusuk.
Kulusuk lies on a small rocky island between saw-toothed mountains and extensive fjords, and it is almost always surrounded by icebergs in the glittering Arctic Ocean. Traditional hunting and fishing are still essential sources of income for many families in the settlement.
Upon arrival, the guide will escort you to the engaging village (3 km/1,8 mile walk) where you can stroll about and meet some of the 250 local residents and view their quality crafts. If the weather allows, we’ll be treated to an ancient drum dance reflective of the indigenous culture.
Duration: 4 hours in Kulusuk village + flight times. Total duration about approximately 8 hours.
Good to know:
- The tour requires around 6 km/3,7 miles walk. Bring good hiking shoes and warm clothes. June particularly can be wet.
- Please be aware to bring Danish Krona with you, as it is not possible to use Icelandic Krona, debit or credit cards in Kulusuk.
- Passport is required when traveling to Greenland.
June: Daily except Sunday.
July: Daily except Wednesday and Sunday.
August: Daily except Wednesday and Sunday.
September: Tour available on September 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7.
- Return flights Reykjavik-Kulusuk-Reykjavík
- Pick-up and drop-off at Kulusuk’s Airport
- Guided walking tour
- Dance show (weather permitting)
- Certificate of visit
Airport tax is not included but will be added at the time of booking.
Airport tax 124,-EUR per adult, 113,-EUR per child 2-11).
Please note that tours to Greenland are only available during the following months
February to April
May to September