Landmannalaugar is one of Iceland’s most awe-inspiring places with its impressive colorful mountains and natural hot springs.
Landmannalaugar, this unique part of the highlands is one of Iceland’s most awe-inspiring places. The colorful rhyolite mountains are among its main characteristics with their varying textures, shapes and sizes, making Landmannalaugar one of Iceland‘s most photographed area. Within Landmannalaugar area you will find spectacular hiking trails with different difficulty levels to suit most visitors. Your guide will offer you to go on a 2 hour guided hike into the hills surrounding the area. We highly recommend that you go hiking!
Volcanic activity has put its mark on this area with warm springs and wonderful natural hot springs that are perfect for soaking in after a day of hiking in the mountains.
En route to Landmannalaugar we will stop by the beautiful Hjalparfoss waterfall in Thjorsardalur valley. We will also have a fine view of Iceland’s best-known volcano, Mt. Hekla. Once we get into the highlands, we will make a stop at Hnausapollur Crater Lake where you can see the stunning turquoise blue water, balck and red volcanic pumice and vegetated brims.
- Experience the magnificent Landmannalaugar area
- Bathe in a natural hot spring
- Visit the beautiful Hjalparfoss waterfall
- See Hnausapollur crater lake
- Take in the peaceful Iceland countryside
Please note: Some hiking is required on this excursion to fully enjoy the tour. Hiking may involve changes in elevation and walk over rocky or uneven trails.
Bring with you:
- A bathing suit and a towel if you want to take a dip into the hot spring at Landmannalaugar.
- Your camera, this area is very picturesque
- Round-trip bus fare with complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops in Reykjavik
- Guided tour with a professional tour guide
Pick up starts 30 minutes before departure. Please be ready at your pick-up location by that time.