Search for the rare and elusive northern lights (Aurora Borealis) in the skies around Reykjavik on this all-time winter bestseller!
You are about to embark on a mission to see the northern lights, one of the most beautiful celestial displays found in nature. But there are many other cosmic wonders waiting to be discovered. All you need to do is gaze skywards into the Arctic night canopy to explore the magic of countless stars and the moon itself.
Step on board our bus fleet equipped with computer tablets in each seat. The tablets provide an “In Bus Audio Guide’’ on the tour, which is available in 10 languages. On board you will find a USB charger and free Wi-Fi.
All our northern lights tours are guided by one of our specially trained guides. They are knowledgeable and helpful and will even give you tips on how to take photos of the lights. We also offer free use of camera tripods on all tours (a “must” to take northern lights photos). Along the way, our guides will share stories, information, and interesting facts about the aurora to make sure you have a complete experience.
The tour not only sets out to find the legendary northern lights; we also use the opportunity to pinpoint some of the stars & constellations in the sky. On every tour we have an astronomical telescope for you to try out and will assist you in finding the most-known constellations and stars and answer any questions you might have.
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable northern lights guide (English-speaking)
- Free Wi-fi and USB charger in every seat
- Free use of camera tripod (please note, we only have a few and many people come on the tours, if you own one please bring it!)
- Free use of astronomical telescope, for moon and stargazing
- Complimentary star map
- Photo memory of you and the northern lights (when aurora can be seen)
- Instructions about how to set up your camera to capture northern lights and the night sky
- Meals, refreshments, beverages
- Tour Pick-up/Drop-off
- We have a high success rate, and we do not go out unless we feel the northern lights odds are in our favor.
- We cannot refund this tour in the event of an unsuccessful northern lights hunt. However, you may re-book the tour free of charge.
- To search for the northern lights you will need to stand outside in the Icelandic winter. You need to dress very warmly to fully enjoy this unique experience.
- You will be traveling in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people, but it is very spacious and comfortable. The bus has lavatory facilities, free Wi-Fi and USB charging ports.