Hunting the northern lights from the ocean is an amazing experience; sailing away from the coastline of Reykjavik and seeing the aurora borealis out on the North-Atlantic ocean with beautiful mountains and the city in the background is something you won’t forget!
Sail out from the Old Harbor in Reykjavik, and in only 15-20 minutes you will be in a prime location for viewing the auroras! Your guide will share facts on the science behind the magical phenomenon of the northern lights and tell you about their stories & myths from different cultures around the world. Throughout the tour you can view an original northern lights video full of interesting facts and folklore
We recommend putting on our overalls on-board that will keep you nice and warm out on the deck.
- Guided boat tour
- Use of warm overalls (overalls also available in children’s sizes)
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Meals, refreshments, beverages other than those listed as included
- Tour Pick-up/Drop-off (can be added at booking time)
- Our staff always does their best to keep the boat decks clear of ice/snow – but we do recommend wearing good shoes on the tour, as the weather can change quickly.
- These tours are subject to correct weather conditions and sightings cannot be guaranteed.
- If the northern lights boat tour is cancelled, but aurora conditions are favorable you can take a replacement northern lights tour by bus, plus a chance to join the boat tour the next available day (even if you see the lights on the bus).
- If the tour does not operate at all (boat or bus) during your stay due to unfavorable weather conditions, you can exchange your ticket/voucher with one of the following options:
- A Whale Watching Tour
- The chance to join a night of fun at the Whales of Iceland Exhibition (while keeping your boat ticket!)
- Or a full refund.