This northern lights tour in Iceland takes you out of Reykjavik in a SuperJeep, far from the city lights to observe this fascinating natural phenomenon. We can’t tell you beforehand where this tour takes you. The only sure thing is that you will drive away from the city to a location where there’s total darkness. If the sky is clear, you might be lucky enough to see the famous northern lights.
This northern lights SuperJeep tour is dependent on the weather and sky conditions, and we reserve the right to cancel at any time. If the evening tour goes ahead and the northern lights are not seen you can try once again for FREE! The free try never expires as long as we are running the hunt for the Northern Lights, however the free try will always be subject to availability.
Make sure you book your northern lights tour in Iceland for your first night in town in order to maximize your chances of seeing the northern lights. Please note that the size of each night’s tour group can grow if we’ve had to cancel several nights in a row due to weather. We do indeed try our best to find northern lights for everyone!
We are proud to work with Aurora Reykjavik: The Northern Lights Center, and all our northern lights tour passengers get FREE admission fee to Aurora Reykjavik.
- Pick-up/Drop-off from Reykjavik hotel or City Tour Bus Stop
- Northern lights hunt
- Icelandic nature in the dark
- FREE photo service
- Hot chocolate & Reyka vodka
- FREE admission fee to Aurora Reykjavik
- Meals, refreshments, beverages other than those listed as Included
- Pick-up from your hotel in the capital area begins at 20:00 (8:00pm)
- From 15/09 – 31/09 and 15/03 – 15/04. The pick up starts 21:00 (9:00pm) due to longer daylight hours
- In Iceland you can experience all four seasons in less than one day. It is vital to wear comfortable and appropriate clothing like waterproof walking shoes. Dress in layers to be able to enjoy your journey to the fullest
- The tour operator reserves the right to alter routes without prior notice, due to road conditions