The Pearl tour, a Golden Circle Super Jeep tour and Snowmobile experience, is an Iceland adventure where you will experience some of Iceland’s most famous and exciting natural phenomena by exploring the Golden Circle, topped off with an unforgettable snowmobile tour on Langjokull glacier.
If you want to experience Iceland’s most popular locations in the comfort of a small group, this is the way to do it!
Your first stop is Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home of Iceland’s first parliament and the oldest extant parliamentary institution in the world. Founded in AD 930, it is Iceland’s most significant historical site.
Thingvellir is also the meeting place for the American and Eurasian tectonic plates. You can see the big gap where they are separating from each other – although ever-so-slightly year after year.
From Thingvellir, your SuperJeep heads inland toward the highly active Geysir hot spring area with its boiling mud pits and spouting hot springs. The Strokkur geyser erupts regularly every ten minutes. Enjoy a walk along footpaths and admire the unusual sounds, sights and smells of this geothermal wonder.
Continue on to Gullfoss, one of Iceland’s most powerful waterfalls. Located on Hvita river, this glacier-fed waterfall plummets 32 meters (105 feet) in two stages into a rugged canyon. And while you’re there, keep your fingers crossed; it it’s a sunny day you might be greeted by a rainbow!
To top it all off, you’ll board a special glacier truck and head through the highland wilderness to Langjokull Glacier for another Iceland adventure. The snowmobiles will be waiting for your group to dash across snowfields on a guided expedition. Enjoy the adventure and the views of mountain peaks around the icy realm of Langjokull.
- Pick-up/drop-off from Reykjavík or City Tour Bus stop
- Guided SuperJeep tour of Golden Circle area
- “Monster Truck” transfer to/from Langjokull glacier
- One-hour snowmobile tour with two people per vehicle
- All necessary safety equipment (helmet, gloves, one-piece coverall, overshoes, buff to wear under the helmet)
- Meals, refreshments, beverages
- Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected.
- Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear, gloves, warm socks.
- Good waterproof, outdoor shoes are recommended.
- Snacks and bottled water; you can also purchase food and drinks at Geysir Cantina and the Gullfoss Café.
- You must be at least 18 years old to operate a snowmobile and have a valid automobile driver’s license from the US, Canada or the European Economic Area. A license from other countries can be used if it: a) has a valid license number, b) the license holder’s photograph, c) is printed in Latin alphabet characters and d) is valid at the time of travel. Otherwise an international driver’s license is required.
- The age limit is 6 years for this tour. Only one child per adult is permitted on this tour.
- Timings may be delayed or cancelled due to weather and road conditions.