A short-and-sweet exploration of Reykjavik’s vibrant cityscape and the mountains that surround the world’s northernmost capital.
As you take off smoothly from the airport, you’ll see how quickly the city gets smaller and smaller beneath you, with every turn of the helicopter’s wings.
During the tour the helicopter will land on a nearby summit where you’ll have the chance to capture a silent panorama of the vast blue ocean that hugs the city shore and catch sight of the small islands scattered in the distance. You’ll see the mountains behind you that might simply take your breath away with their grandeur. You’ll also see the steaming volcanic hillsides that give Reykjavík, the “Smokey Bay,” its nickname. You’ll gaze over quaint and colorful settlements that sprawl out in the distance and into the vast Arctic and beyond.
Needless to say, this sightseeing tour will leave you feeling more acquainted to Iceland and its majestic landscape.
- Guided 40-45-minute helicopter flight, including a 15-minute landing by a crater
- Meals, refreshments, beverages
- Tour Pick-up/Drop-off
- Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected.
- Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear, gloves, warm socks.
- Good waterproof, outdoor shoes are recommended.
- The tour operator reserves the right to alter routes without prior notice, due to road conditions
- Minimum of 2 people to guarantee each departure
- Weight limit – Any passengers over 120kg/265lbs/19 stone must pay for 1.5 seats in the helicopter