Experience the thrill and beauty of the glacier river Hvita situated at the heart of the Golden Circle. An adventure not to be missed!
Come join us and experience the power of the river. Grab your paddle & let’s go get wet!
From Gullfoss waterfall, a glorious canyon descends down, creating the perfect scenario for a fun rafting experience. The Hvita river originates from Langjokull glacier and has a perfectly balanced mix of serene canyons and adrenaline pumping waves and rapids. On this beautiful rafting journey, you’ll raft down 7 kilometers (4.3 miles), enjoying a view you can only encounter while floating downstream in a raft.
There is no need to worry about the cold water nor the cold temperatures of Iceland. We provide a wetsuit to make the experience enjoyable and a lifejacket to keep you afloat. No previous rafting experience is required, and this rafting trip is for everyone who fancies a little adventure.
Rafting down Hvita is an amazing way to spend the day, and we firmly believe that no one should leave Iceland without experiencing the jaw-dropping views splish -splashing down an Icelandic glacial river.
Those who want to can take a refreshing leap from the Buarhlod cliffs into the glacial waters of the canyon – a fitting end to an incredible river rafting adventure.
Rafting the river takes between 60 and 90 minutes. Afterwards, you have time to relax in the Drumbo sauna. We recommend adding delicious BBQ lamb or a hamburger to your booking for you to enjoy at the Drumbo River Base.
- Rafting trip down the scenic Hvita with an expert guide
- All necessary rafting equipment: wetsuit, lifejacket, neoprene shoes, helmet and paddle
- Visit to the famous Bruarhlod canyon via the river
- Hot sauna after the river rafting
- Pick-up & drop off in Reykjavik
- Meals, refreshments, beverages other than those listed as included
- Warm wool or fleece sweater and thermal underwear (pants) to wear underneath the wetsuit. This might get wet during your tour. Don’t wear cotton as it will not keep you warm when wet.
- Warm wool socks.
- Bathing suit to wear underneath the neoprene pants on the river and for the sauna.
- Towel .
- Change of clothing.
Meeting Point: Drumbó River Base
- Please arrive no later than 15 minutes before your tour time
Minimum age: 11 years
- Minimum of 2 participants to confirm departure date
- You must know how to swim.
- You cannot take part in this tour if you are pregnant.