Dancing lights in total silence — powered by wind and electricity!
Come on a unique sailing journey from Reykjavik where we will search for the Northern Lights, view the Reykjavik skyline and explore the open sea of Faxafloi Bay.
The Northern Lights, Reykjavík City Lights and Yoko Ono’s Peace Tower – see them in a remarkable way from the electric-powered schooner Opal. On-board the guides will share interesting tales of the past while you enjoy the view of nearby islands and legendary lighthouses. Assist our crew with the rigging, enjoy refreshments from the crew or have a beer in the on-deck hot tub or sip a glass of wine by the fireplace below deck.
The schooner Opal is a beautiful and unique vessel that combines authentic old charm and feel with an award winning eco-friendly hybrid-electric engine. Sailing on this boat is an experience that leaves no one untouched!
- The Northern Lights – A great way to see them if they appear
- Reykjavik City Lights – From a unique point of view
- The Islands of Faxafloi Bay – Lit up with history and folklore
- The Nearby Lighthouses – Tales of fishing, life and death
- Hot tub on-deck – Have a drink in the on-deck hot tub
- Cozy atmosphere – Enjoy a warm meal by the fireplace
- Unique vessel – authentic sailboat
- Imagine Peace Tower – Get closer to Yoko Ono‘s vision (select dates decided by Yoko herself)
- Professional guide
- Surprise refreshments from the crew
- Use of super warm overalls/floating suits
- Use of raincoats
- Use of cozy blankets
- Fireplace and dining room
- Sound system
Available for purchase on-board:
- Soft drinks
- Alcoholic drinks
- Authentic merchandise
Add 15 EUR extra to try on-deck hot tub! Towel included. Remember to bring swimsuit.
Meeting location: Reykjavík Harbor – Hlésgata. Close to the Reykjavik Maritime Museum. Look for the high masts!
Ship opens 30 minutes before departure