Enjoy a silent sailing onboard our electric, eco-friendly whale watching boats. Minimum disturbance to whales and nature and no carbon footprint.
Can you imagine anything better than sailing around Skjalfandi Bay with pods of whales all around? It’s sailing around Skjalfandi Bay on board the most animal- and environmentally friendly whale watching vessels in the world! Our electric — and silent — boats glide through the sea, giving you the opportunity to quietly approach whales in their natural habitat while causing them minimum disturbance.
The sustainable approach to nature is combined with our professional crew, specially trained in responsible conduct with the whales. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to go whale watching on a carbon neutral boat!
- Whale watching boat tour
- Expert whale watching guide
- Hot chocolate and cinnamon buns
- Overalls and raincoats, if needed
- Other meals, refreshments, beverages
- Transfers to/from the starting point
A rule of thumb is to dress as warmly as possible before heading out on this tour! If possible, you should bring a hat and gloves. It can often be quite cold out on the sea on this tour. We don’t recommend wearing sandals.
- Tour departs from the harbor in Husavik, Northeast Iceland
- Your safety is our priority concern. The captains and crew are experienced sailors, many of whom have been local fishermen for years. We rely on their judgement when it comes to weather and conditions and whether tours should be cancelled or not.
- When trips are cancelled we will do our outmost to get you out on the next trip, which most often is possible.