Immerse yourself in the clearest water in the world and float between two continents in Iceland! A snorkeling adventure in the famous Silfra fissure is an unforgettable experience.
Silfra is a freshwater rift located in Thingvellir National Park in Iceland. It lies between the American and Eurasian tectonic plates and expands around 2 cm (1 inch) each year.
The clarity of its waters (the visibility in Silfra exceeds 100 meters / 320 feet) makes it a unique attraction among the average traveler as well as professional snorkelers and divers around the world.
The water temperature is 2-4° Celsius (36 – 39°F) all year around.
Join this day tour to explore this incredible submerged world made of lava rock, sand and algae in the most amazing shades of colors.
This tour is rated as easy and no previous experience is required to take part in this tour.
What to bring
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Contact lenses if you wear glasses
- Guided snorkeling trip
- All necessary snorkeling equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies after the snorkeling trip
- Entrance fee into Silfra
- Transport from Reykjavik
For safety participants must:
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the online Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement (link provided in confirmation email)
- Have our Snorkeling Medical form signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the snorkeling tour
- Be at minimum 150cm (5 feet) / maximum 200cm (6.6 feet)
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 pounds)/ maximum 120kg (265 pounds)
- Be at least 14 years of age on the day of the tour
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- Be able to communicate in English
- Not be pregnant