Join us as we head west on a full day magical mystical tour to the Snaefellsnes Peninsula and surroundings.
Countless lunar landscapes and volcanic vistas lie in store as we drive west out of Reykjavik and head towards the magnificent Snaefellsjokull glacier. The glacier sits atop the active stratovolcano that took center stage in the Jules Verne sci fi novel, Journey to the Centre of the Earth.
Our first stop will be Ytri-Tung farm, which is next to a beautiful beach. Huge seal colonies lounge on the beach and your guide will lead you to the place where you can view them.
Afterwards we head to our favorite farm in the peninsula, where an amazing home-cooked meal is always guaranteed.
We will visit Budarkirkja, the historical black church in the hamlet of Budir. This is one of the few black churches in the country, painted with pitch in order to protect the wood from the harsh climatic conditions of Iceland.
The dramatic coast of Arnarstapi is waiting for us next. Powerful waves are constantly eroding the cliffs and leave impressive rock formations behind. We will also visit to the black sand beach of Djupalonssandur, too, where we can see the remains of a shipwreck that took place in 1948.
We will stop to admire Kirkjufell, probably the most-photographed mountain in the country. Surrounded by streams and small waterfalls, it was chosen to be one of the filming locations for Game of Thrones.
Our last stop will be Bersekjahraun lava fields. Created around 4.000 years ago, the lava fields are extremely thick and decorated with beautiful rock formations.
- Berserkjahraun lava fields
- Mt Kirkjufell
- Snaefellsjokull glacier (sightseeing)
- Black beach at Djupalonssandur
- Arnarstapi fishing village
- Budarkirkja, the black church
- Ytri Tunga beach
- Pick-up and drop-off in Reykjavik
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Small group tour in a minibus
- Free Wi-Fi in vehicle
- Meals, refreshments, beverages other than lunch
- The tour operator reserves the right reserves the right to delay or cancel any tour due to weather or any other dangerous conditions for the safety of our clients.
- The order or availability of attractions may change due to road or weather conditions, and we may have to adjust timings to the short daylight of winter days.