Journey across striking landscapes on Snæfellsnes peninsula and experience the stunning natural beauty and breathtaking imagery. Marvel at the magnificence of Snæfellsjökull volcano, spot seals and a myriad of sea birds along the coast and discover the rich heritage and fascinating history of this mesmerizing area.
This tour starts with driving west from Reykjavik on a scenic route to Borgarfjordur and the village of Borgarnes where the bus will make a short stop.
After your tour enters Snaefellsnes peninsula you’ll stop by Ytri-Tunga Farm where you might spot local wildlife such as seals and seabirds at the beach.
Next up is a visit to the idyllic Arnarstapi village where you’ll take an easy walk to view the extraordinary landscape along the precipitous shoreline. The will take a lunch break in Arnarstapi where you can find various dining options..
Next, the tour continues to Djupalonssandur, a tranquil, black-pebbled beach that offers beautiful views out to the sea. You’ll also discover fascinating history that lies in Snæfellsjokull National Park, close to where Jules Verne located the starting point for his novel Journey to the Centre of the Earth.
Leaving Djupalonssandur you’ll travel past striking landscapes to the north coast of Snaefellsnes peninsula to Grundarfjordur fishing village. Surrounded by exceptionally beautiful mountains Grundarfjordur is home to one of the peninsula‘s most iconic and photographed landmarks, the symmetrical mountain Kirkjufell.
After Grundarfjordur, your route leads across the Berserkjahraun lava fields that, according to Viking legends, was where two Swedish berserkers forged Iceland‘s first road and over to the south side of the peninsula through Vatnaleid pass.
- The magnificent Snæfellsjokull volcano
- The idyllic fishing village of Arnarstapi
- The tranquil, black-pebbled beach of Djupalonssandur
- Grundarfjordur and the picturesque Kirkjufell mountain
- Opportunities to view seals and a myriad of sea birds
- A rich heritage and fascinating history
- Pick-Up/Drop-off from accommodation or City Tour Bus Stop
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Northern lights tour (subject to weather conditions)
- Free Wi-Fi on the bus
- Comfortable coaches
- Meals, beverages and refreshments
- The tour operator reserves the right to alter routes without prior notice, due to road conditions.