Meet us at Gullfoss for a snowmobile tour on the second largest ice cap in Iceland Langjokull.
Join our Super Truck transfer from Gullfoss for the snowmobile ride of a lifetime!
This is a great choice if you are on a driving holiday and want to top off a visit in the Golden Circle with something even more special. Our professional guides will take you on a snowmobile adventure in the Icelandic highlands, giving you the most amazing views of majestic glacier and its unique surroundings.
Simply meet us across from Gullfoss Café, where you can park your car and grab an early lunch (not included in price). Then board a specially outfitted Super Truck for a drive through the rugged, Mars-like landscape of Iceland. This trip through the highlands is an adventure of its own, so please make sure to enjoy the unique experience. Your view out of the window of a vast Arctic desert wilderness and mountain ranges is a rare sight for many travelers.
Once we arrive at our glacier hut, you will receive the appropriate snowmobile gear. Our friendly and fun-loving guides will give you instructions on how to operate the snowmobiles and go over the safety procedures before you ride off into the wondrous winter wonderland. Our snowmobiles are double-riders and children are welcome to ride as passengers as long as they have reached the age of six.
- “Monster Truck” transfer to/from Langjokull glacier
- One-hour snowmobile tour with two people per vehicle
- All necessary safety equipment (helmet, gloves, one-piece coverall, overshoes, buff to wear under the helmet)
- Meals, refreshments, beverages
- Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected.
- Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear, gloves, warm socks.
- Good waterproof, outdoor shoes are recommended.
- Snacks and bottled water; you can also purchase food and drinks at the Gullfoss Café.
- Meeting point is in the Gullfoss upper parking lot outside the Gullfoss Café.
- You must be at least 18 years old to operate a snowmobile and have a valid automobile driver’s license from the US, Canada or the European Economic Area. A license from other countries can be used if it: a) has a valid license number, b) the license holder’s photograph, c) is printed in Latin alphabet characters and d) is valid at the time of travel. Otherwise an international driver’s license is required.
- Timings may be delayed or cancelled due to weather and road conditions
- Only one child is permitted per adult on this tour