Enjoy this exciting and fun snowmobile tour on top of the Myrdalsjokull Ice Cap.
This snowmobile tour gives you the opportunity to go up on the top of a glacier. The Myrdalsjokull glacier is Iceland’s fourth largest glacier and covers the volcano Katla. To get up to the base of the glacier we will first take you up the mountain in a unique glacier truck (journey to the base of the glacier is about 1 hour each way).
Once we reach the glacier location we’ll get on our snowmobiles and ride up the ice cap. You’ll certainly enjoy the glacier landscapes and the views over South Iceland. We’ll provide everything you need for snowmobiling, and our expert guides will teach you how to handle the snowmobile to enjoy this adventure in a fun but safe way.
- Experienced and qualified guide
- 1-hour Snowmobile tour (two people per vehicle)
- Insulated cover-all
- Helmet and balaclava face mask
- Boots (available if needed)
- Meals, refreshments, beverages
- Transfers to/from meeting point
Meeting Point: Myrdalsjokull Glacier Base Camp: Please arrive no later than 20 minutes before your tour time
- All snowmobile drivers must be at least 17 years of age and have a valid automobile driver’s license from the US, Canada or the European Economic Area. A license from other countries can be used if it: a) has a valid license number, b) the license holder’s photograph, c) is printed in Latin alphabet characters and d) is valid at the time of travel. Otherwise an international driver’s license is required.
- Minumum age: 8 years old to ride snowmobile as a passenger
- Single riders and groups with odd numbers are required to book a single ride snowmobile.