Have a blast while seeing the South Coast of Iceland and unique Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, together with Seljalandsfoss waterfall and breathtaking Diamond Beach.
Travel along Iceland’s South Coast on the narrow strip of lush farmland that cuts between mountains, glaciers, and the vast Atlantic Ocean. The journey includes stops at natural treasures, including the iconic Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls, views of Skaftafell National Park, Diamond Beach, and Vatnajokull glacier.
Driving along the southern edge of the mighty Vatnajokull Glacier offers magnificent views of glaciers, rivers and endless plains of sand. Vatnajokull National Park stretches over an area of 14.000 square km (5405 square miles), or roughly ten times the size of London.
Packed with icebergs in various shades of white and blue, the extraordinary scenery at Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon is sure to take your breath away. Numerous bird species can be seen feeding in and around the lagoon, and seals are a fairly common sight both at the mouth of the lagoon and at the seaside beach. You’ll also visit the iconic Diamond Beach, a popular spot for photographers.
- Journey across a landscape of striking contrasts
- Getting up close to picturesque waterfalls
- Spectacular scenery of Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon
- Views of Europe’s largest ice cap, Vatnajokull glacier
- Add an optional boat tour on the Glacier Lagoon (May-September)
- Round Trip Transport
- Professional Tour Guide
Optional: A 40-minute boat tour on the Glacier Lagoon is available May – September. We recommend booking this in advance to ensure a place for you on the boat.
- Meals, refreshments, beverages
- Pick up from hotels, guesthouses and designated bus stops starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time stated on your voucher.
- The tour operator reserves the right to alter routes without prior notice, due to road conditions.