Visit Iceland´s most popular natural attractions including Geysir Hot Springs, Gullfoss Waterfall, Thingvellir National Park, expertly guided in 10 different languages!
The Golden Circle Classic is our bestselling day tour! This outstanding tour offers a collection of sights – not to be missed for any visitor in Iceland.
We welcome you on board bus fleet that is equipped with Wi-Fi connected computer tablets in each seat. On the tablets you can use our In-Bus Audio Guide, available in a choice of several languages. On the bus there will also be a knowledgeable English-speaking host ready to answer any questions that you might have about our peculiar country. In each seat you will also conveniently find a USB Charger.
The tour starts with a stop in Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site listing and the birthplace of the oldest existing parliament in the world. This is also where the gigantic tectonic plates of America and Eurasia have pulled apart, and the resulting rift valley is right there before your eyes on the shores of Iceland’s biggest lake.
The next stop is one of Iceland’s most iconic natural wonders: Geysir hot springs, the home of the one-and-only original geyser. Here the ground trembles and steaming hot water spouts spectacularly skywards from the famous Strokkur geyser every few minutes.
Now it’s time for a leisurely walk down to nearby Gullfoss Waterfall, which is an impressive sight to behold. Here a powerful glacial river cascades down 32 meters (105 feet) on two levels and into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar.
- Thingvellir: the rift valley and the site of the oldest modern parliament.
- Geysir: hot spring & geothermal area and home to Strokkur, the erupting geyser.
- Gullfoss Waterfall: the powerful glacial waterfall
- GPS-synced audio guide: will give you all the information you need for your journey.
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Free Wi-Fi and USB-charger for each seat
- Meals, refreshments, beverages
- Tour Pick-up/Drop-off
- Headphones for audio guide. Bring your own headphones. Otherwise, headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
- The tour operator reserves the right to alter routes without prior notice, due to road conditions
- You will be traveling in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people but is very spacious and comfortable. It has lavatory facilities. The bus offers free Wi-Fi and USB charging ports.
- Lunch is not included. There are stops in Geysir & Gullfoss where you can buy food and drinks.
- Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected.
- Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear, gloves, warm socks.
- Good waterproof, outdoor shoes are recommended.