The Golden Circle Classic tour includes some of Iceland‘s most famous natural attractions. The iconic Geyser and hot springs in the geothermal area, the majestic Gullfoss Waterfall, and the stunning Thingvellir National Park.
The first stop is Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site listing and the location of the world’s oldest existing parliament. The name “Thingvellir” literally means “Parliament Plains”. This is also where the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet and are pulling apart at a rate of 2 cm. (about half an inch) annually, explaining the numerous rifts and fissures that crisscross the surrounding landscape.
Next, stop at the Iceland‘s only erupting hot spring, Strokkur or the Churn. Strokkur keeps visitors entertained and on their toes by spouting boiling hot water and steam skywards every few minutes.geothermal area to see
The third and last stop is the beautiful Gullfoss Waterfall. The impressive cascades are formed as the Hvita glacial river plunges down 32 meters (105 feet) on two levels and into a deep canyon. Its unrivalled beauty and raw power leave bystanders in awe.
The bus that will take you on this adventure is equipped with modern comforts such as Wi-FI connected computer tablets in each seat and a USB charger. The tablets include you to take in an array of interesting facts about Iceland and the places being visited in a language you are comfortable with. If any additional questions arise during the trip, our onboard local host will gladly be of assistance.
Thingvellir National Park. Thingvellir is a favourite stop among travellers along the Golden Circle route. It has been a National Park in Iceland since 1930 and was named a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 2004. When Viking settlers arrived in the 10th century it was the site they chose as the meeting place of Althing, the world’s oldest parliament.
Golden Circle is the highly active Hot Spring Area with boiling mud pits, exploding geysers and the lively Strokkur which spouts water 30 metres (100 ft) into the air every few minutes. The newly opened offers exhibits and informative presentations year round. Hot Spring Area is one of the most popular tourist stop in Iceland.geothermal area. A favourite stop along the
Gullfoss. A ride along the Golden Circle in the south of Iceland reveals the breathtaking Gullfoss Waterfall where traversing a narrow path provides close-up views of the massive, two-tiered waterfall below. In winter the view is spectacular when the waterfall freezes over into undulating waves of glistening ice. On sunny days visitors are treated to thousands of rainbows, a natural reaction with the clouds of spray from the tumbling falls.
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Free Wi-fi and USB charger for each seat
- Lunch is not included, In Geysir & Gullfoss there are shops where you can buy food and drinks.
- You will be traveling in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people, but is very spacious and comfortable. There is no bathroom on the bus but there will be plenty of stops where facilities can be used. The bus offers free wifi and USB charging ports.
- In-bus-audio guide available in English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Deutsch, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and Finnish
- For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
- For your comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended.