Experience the magical Faroe Islands on this superb 3 day Guided Tour. A visit to these majestic islands in the North Atlantic is more than worth it.
Far out in the remote North Atlantic are a group of magical islands that few know about, the Faroe Islands. Explore these beautiful islands with their steep coastal cliffs shrouded in mist and mystery, grassy heaths with grazing sheep and quaint little villages where the pace of life is as easy and laid back as the people
But there’s so much more to the Faroe Islands than the dramatic rugged scenery, here lives a community with a rich cultural heritage stretching back to the Viking Age. Our itinerary combines all that is best about this hidden gem of the North, namely the exquisite natural beauty, the rich birdlife, the history and the enjoyment of sitting down to dinner with some locals and hearing some good tales spun.
- Round-trip Flight from Reykjavik Domestic Airport to Vágar airport (Faroe Islands)
- All airport taxes
- Round-trip unguided airport taxi transfer
- Accommodation in double room with private facilities and breakfast
- Guided day trip to the Northern Islands, including museum entrance and lunch (day 2)
- Home Visit with dinner (Day 2)
- Guided sightseeing in Tórshavn (Day 3)
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International flights to/from Iceland
- Round-trip hotel/airport transfers in Iceland
- Accommodation in Iceland
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Alcoholic beverages during dinner on Day 2
- Beverage, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted
- Room outside of normal check-in/check-out times
- Porterage at airport/hotel
- Optional excursions, activities, museums not included above
- All services not mentioned as being included in offer
- No minimum nor maximum participants
- Transfer to/from Reykjavik airport not included
- English/Danish speaking guide on the excursions
Day 1- Monday - Arrival
Day 2 - Tuesday - Day trip to the magnificent Northern Islands
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Your guide picks you up and drives you to Klaksvik town and the Northern Islands.
Head first to Leirvik town where you’ll enter a sub-sea tunnel leading to the town of Klaksvik. The tunnel is decorated with lights by the famous Faroese artist Trondur Patursson. From Klaksvik it is possible to explore the other Northern Islands, each offering dramatic landscapes. On the island of Viðoy lies the most northern village in the Faroe Islands, Viðareidi, which definitely is worth a visit.
You’ll also enjoy the view over the small and remote Fugloy and Svinoy islands. On the way back to Torshavn, visit the museum and the beautiful Christanskirkjan Church in Klaksvik.
Home Visit – Visit the locals
This evening you’ll have the opportunity to visit a Faroese family home for dinner. Experience the ambience of a typical Faroese home and enjoy the storytelling about the life in the islands.
Day 3 – Wednesday Sight seeing Torshavn - Departure flight back to Reykjavik
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel. The guide will you up for a short city sight-seeing in the charming Old Town area of Torshavn where the old parliament is situated. Enjoy the views of the traditional wooden houses with grass roofs. Return to your hotel. In the mid-afternoon, an airport taxi will transfer you to Vagar airport.
Terms & Conditions
Iceland Travel offers a variety of tours, packages tickets and services ("products") through its website (icelandtravel.is).
Iceland Travel’s Terms and Conditions contain legal obligations; therefore, it is of the utmost importance that you read them carefully. They form the basis on which bookings are accepted by Iceland Travel.
The purchase of any travel services offered by Iceland Travel constitutes a contractual arrangement between the person making the booking and Iceland Travel, and represents acceptance of Iceland Travel's Terms and Conditions described here.
Please ensure that you read carefully and understand these Terms & Conditions prior to booking.