Observe whales and sea birds in their own environment. Take part in an unforgettable adventure at sea.
Explore the whales of Reykjavik under the excellent guidance of our marine biologist guides and learn all about the incredible wildlife that call Iceland their home. Magnificent landscapes surround the area and add a unique contrast to the vast ocean.
Board the whale watching boat with several outdoor viewing platforms, a heated indoor saloon with large viewing windows, and a cafeteria where you can buy light refreshments. One of our excellent naturalists will give a live commentary throughout the tour and notify you of any sightings as we go.
The most common whale species viewed are minke whales, humpback whales, white-beaked dolphins, and harbor porpoises. Occasionally we see other species such as killer whales, fin whales, sei whales and long-finned pilot whales. The bay is full of birdlife, from puffins and gannets to guillemots and more.
- 3-hour whale watching tour
- Use of warm overalls and blankets
- Excellent live guidance in English
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board
- Access to the Elding Wildlife Exhibition
- Heated indoor saloon
- Large viewing windows
- Whale guarantee (or try again for free)
- Meals, refreshments, beverages
- Transfers between accommodation and whale watching pier (can be added to booking)
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to departure for check in and boarding.
- We can never guarantee sightings of any kind. In case we don’t encounter any whales or dolphins, we will offer you a free return ticket.
- The weather and sea conditions can be challenging during the winter months, and we often adapt by moving our boats to other harbors in the Reykjanes peninsula. We transport our passengers there free of charge from our base in the Old Harbor. This change allows for a more comfortable and reliable winter whale watching adventure. In this case, the duration of the tour might be up to 5 hours.
- This tour is subject to weather and sailing conditions. If the tour is cancelled, you can take the tour on another day free of charge.