Your whale watching Reykjavik adventure begins at the Old Harbor, just minutes away from the city center! Enjoy a classic whale watching tour on our big and sturdy boat Andrea, offered all year round from Reykjavik.
On this Whale Watching tour from Reykjavik you will be able to experience some of Iceland’s rich and thriving bird life, as well as minke whales, humpback whales, harbor porpoises and white-beaked dolphins. Our focus is on comfort, unique experiences and personal service while making sure the environment is protected and respected in every way possible.
Enjoy a sail out in one of the largest whale watching boats in Iceland. Our big and sturdy whale watching boat Andrea provides you with extra comfort, fantastic interior and seating areas, large outside viewing decks, a family friendly environment, and a café & souvenir shop on-board.
Our expert guides and friendly crew will welcome you aboard and share with you interesting information about different kinds of whales and seabirds you may expect to see on your tour. They will also teach you how to spot whales out in the bay. Along with an on-board display of whale teeth, bones, baleen, plankton nets and a microscope, this tour truly is a floating whale watching classroom with an educational & interactive focus!
- Guided boat tour
- Free ticket to try again in case of no sightings!
- Educational & Interactive focus
- Warm floatable overalls provided for your comfort & safety – overalls also available in children’s sizes!
- Wi-Fi on the boat
- Discounted price to the Whales of Iceland Exhibition – available to add as an extra during check-in or after the tour.
- Meals, refreshments, beverages
- Transfers between accommodation and whale watching pier
- Languages: English – all year; German – 1 May – 30 September
- You will need to show a valid form of ID upon check-in.
- The tour is dependent on weather and sightings cannot be guaranteed.
- Weather and sea conditions can be unpredictable during the winter months. Our captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passenger safety and comfort.
- We can never guarantee sightings on our tours, but in case of no sightings we do offer a FREE ticket to try again!
- Sometimes during winter we might sail from other harbors south of Reykjavik for better sea conditions, in which case we provide transport for all our passengers to and from Reykjavik. In this case the tour might be slightly longer due to the extra drive.