A Zipline ride is a great adventure for all those who love the thrill of doing something challenging but at the same time very safe.
The tour includes a hike through breathtaking river canyon and four Zipline rides. The scenery below you is breathtaking, and you will have a bird’s-eye view of it as you whiz down the Zipline.
Our Zipline course is situated near Vik, a South Iceland village surrounded by beautiful hills and valleys. After we meet you at our base, we will first drive for 5 minutes, then hike for another 5 minutes at a moderate pace to reach the take-off platform for the first Zip, Little Rush. We will give you detailed safety instructions and make sure you are comfortable with what to do during the Zipline. The next thing you know, you are zipping above the canyon, enjoying an exciting and amazing view of the area.
Our second Zipline, The Gentle Giant, is just around the corner. This is our longest ride; our guests often thing this is the prettiest one. Then we will take a short hike (about 10 minutes) through the amazing rock formation of Grafargil (Grave Canyon) to the next Zipline, the Leap of Faith. Finally, we’ll take the fourth Zipline, the Big Rush. It will take you over a stunning waterfall. To finish off the experience, we will take a short and scenic hike back to our base.
- All safety equipment
- Vehicle transportation to the trail head
- Certificated guide
- Four Ziplines
- Meals, refreshments, beverages.
- Transfers to/from meeting point in Vik.
- Waterproof hiking boots or trail running shoes with a good sole and fully enclosed toe and heel.
- Wind and rainproof clothes.
- If you have long hair you should braid it or wear it in a low bun so it won’t get tangled.
- Participants must weigh between 30 – 120 kg. (65-260 lbs.).
- You cannot take this tour if you are pregnant.
- You must be able to hike for 3 km. (or 1-2 miles) on a trail that goes up and down hills and on uneven surfaces.
- A legal guardian must accompany or provide signed permission to allow kids under 18 to zip.